The Secretary General of the Eric Michel Ministries International heads the all EMMI denominations and Chaplaincy secretariat, which is based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
The Secretary General has responsibility for Primates’ Meetings and meetings of the EMMI Symposium and its Standing Committee.
The General Secretariat is a permanent institution at the service of the House of Bishops, directly subject to the Archbishop.
The General Secretary is appointed by the Archbishop and is a member of the House of Bishops and the Symposium Assembly.
The General Secretariat has competence for the preparation and implementation of the Symposium Assemblies (Gen. Ass.). To this end, it cooperates with the House of Bishops and the Archbishoprics, the House of Elders and the Episcopal Conferences of the Interdenominational Assembly of Churches.
The word “Churches” means our affiliated churches and do not include any of our Associated churches
see: Membership – IAoC
The Office of the General Secretary is responsible for developing and maintaining data pertaining to the EMMI members who are engaged in the ministry of the Churches. In addition, the office certifies delegates to the General Assembly, publishes official documents and certificates, maintains the official record of General Assembly proceedings, distributes pertinent information to the constituents of the Churches, plays a pivotal role in churches: legal matters, collects and reports churches statistics, maintains an accurate database of credential holders, officers, churches and jurisdictions, and keeps an archive of historical documents from across the churches, including, books, national and jurisdictional records, and photographs and memorabilia of historical value. In addition, the Office of the General Secretary is an integral part of all ceremonial activities, inaugurals, celebrations and ecumenical services.
The General Secretary is the official keeper of the EMMI seal, Registered Agent for the “IAoC” Churches Association and signatory on all official documents.
The Right Rev. Fighton Chilufya was in nomination on April 2019 from the District 12 Zambia, since we didn’t received any indication toward fulfilling of the role. We have no communication with anyone in Africa since Corona Virus (Covid-19). The inauguration of Right Rev. Fighton Chilufya planned at the Symposium of February 2020 in which we didn’t have Quorum (Covid-19) .
For information contact:
Pierre Luc Galarneau
Primary function is to oversee all activities of the IAoC office as well as providing supervisory oversight to support staff including Secretaries, Receptionists and other clerical staff. He report directly to the Secretary General.
- Handle office interactions with outside visitors. This includes greeting and directing guests, answering phone inquiries, and handling requests or complaints in a professional manner.
- Keep track of inventory and work with supply vendors to ensure a well-stocked office.
- Occasionally travel off-site to deliver files and reports to various departments within the organization.
- Maintain files with confidentiality in an easily accessible format.
- Coordinate communication between various departments, schedule meetings, distribute reports and keep all parties informed of general business operations.
- Operate and maintain office machinery, including copiers, fax machines and printers.
- Maintenance and organization of reception area.
- Ordering and maintenance of office supplies and equipment.
- Organization and maintenance of IAoC calendar
- Pick up, distribution and dissemination of all mail and correspondence.
- Screening and routing all incoming calls.
- Answer mail, correspondence (wring letters), phone calls, etc.
- Check email and respond.
- Keep accurate membership records
- Prepare Annual Reports.
- Schedule and attend board meetings and record minutes.
- Routine filing of paperwork.
- Prepare new members information packets and coordinate receptions.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for speaking engagements.
- Set up counseling meetings and other appointments.
- Notify all Staff of member hospitalizations, deaths, etc.
- Maintain and up-date all standard forms and ministry literature.
- Maintain petty cash with accurate records and receipts.
- Pay all incoming invoices.
- Some accounting and bookkeeping.
- Prepare and maintain an Office Procedures and Reference Manual.