Who We Are Suite
Methodist Episcopal Nonconforming Conference
- Methodist movement, is a group of historically related denominations of Protestant Christianity which derive their inspiration from the life and teachings of John Wesley. George Whitefield and John’s brother Charles Wesley. Wesley’s theology focused on sanctification and the effect of faith on the character of a Christian.
- Episcopal relating to a bishop, an overseer in the Christian church.
- Nonconforming do not “conform” to the governance and usages, theology, regulations and rules of an established church.
- The conference is a meeting at which formal discussions take place. The Symposium or General Council is the decision-making body of EMMI as both a denomination and a legal corporation. Ministers and lay representatives are sent or online access, among all corporations, three persons represent the local corporation: the executive director, the president or vice-president, treasurer or secretary of the local board and meet every year.
- Regional Council by countries
- International Council of Bishops and Synods
- Symposium or General Assembly, done electronically via the internet last 2 weeks.
- Permanent Synod (Executive) is a council of EMMI in function between two Symposiums, to decide issues of doctrine, administration or application. The word synod comes from the Greek sýnodos meaning “assembly” or “meeting”, and it is synonymous with the Latin word Concilium meaning “council”.