NB: New Hope Ministry & Missions Baptist operate under Eric Michel Ministries International
Our motto is: “Alone we can do little but together we can bring hope and love to you”
New Hope Ministry & Missions is our ministry who is the first one who affiliate with Eric Michel Ministry and Chaplaincy, who will become Eric Michel Ministries International in 2012. Under the direction of it’s founder the Rt. Rev. Marie Yvonne, this ministry is for Christian believer who are more open than the main stream Christians.
- God is the loving Parent of all people, he creator but not literally seven day, the Holy Spirit as being a part of God
- Jesus Christ reveals the nature and character of God and is the spiritual leader of humankind, and he was a very wise and compassionate teacher and a mystic and great prophet, who believed so deeply in his ministry that he was willing to die for the cause, and believe that he was a mystic and had many metaphysical views and practices
- Humankind was created with an immortal soul which death does not end, and which God will never destroy.
- Sin has negative consequences for the sinner either in this life or the afterlife, Don’t believe in a hell where we burn for eternity if we sin, I don’t believe that a God of love would do that.
If you are Christian and have your own beliefs, you will be welcome here with us. We turn no one away our ministry is open to all Christians. We invite you to visit our pages and if you like what you see and do not have a home church or are disillusioned by what you have been learning, we would love to have you join us.
- Services: We provide what the mainstream churches provide except that our views are more relaxed and we are not bogged down in dogma.
- Marriage: We preform weddings, funerals, baby dedications, you can write out your own wedding vows or use ours, our weddings are open to traditional as well as homosexual union. We perform marriage and re-marriages
- Abortions: Rev. Mare’s stand on abortion depends on the circumstances. She likes to pass on to our youth the message that they should always have respect and control over their own bodies. Be aware and educated on STD and to always guard against them.
The New Hope Ministry and Missions
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” Matthew 7:12-13
We share a certain set of beliefs that we hold as essential to our faith, but there are many important differences of interpretation and opinion of the Bible on which Christianity is based.
- We belief Christ’s life, death and resurrection applied to every man, woman and children, Jesus is believed to be “the representation of the Father in bodily form” and is embraced as the absolute way, truth and life for all mankind. All things are from Him, through Him and back to Him. (Romans 11:36)
- We believe that “All the ends of the earth will remember and return to the Lord”. The Bible is the creed of the Christian.
- We believe in the “Interfaith Philosophy”, which honors and values the fundamental beauty and wisdom in all traditions.
- We believe that there are many paths to God and He created humans in an amazing variety of all sizes, shapes and colors and with different needs and tastes.
- We believe that it is not the form of religious practice that is important, but the spiritual intent that underlies it.
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments contain a revelation of the character of God, and of the duty, interest and final destination, of mankind.
- We believe there is one God, whose nature is love; revealed in one Lord Jesus Christ, by one Holy Spirit of Grace, who will finally restore the whole family of mankind to holiness and happiness.
- We believe that holiness and true happiness are inseparably connected; and that believers ought to maintain order, and practice good works, for these things are good and profitable unto men.
- We believe in God, the Father Almighty and Universal; and in Jesus Christ his Son, the true teacher, example, and Savior of the world.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the quickened and comforter of men.
- We believe in the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as a revelation of righteousness, truth and love.
- We believe in the Holy Church Universal; in the communion of saints; in the forgiveness of sins; in the life immortal; in the final triumph of goodness and mercy; and in the union and harmony, at last, of all souls with God.
We are Independent Baptist with our roots from the United Baptist of Nova Scotia
Baptists are individuals who comprise a group of denominations and churches that subscribe to a doctrine that baptism should be performed only for professing believers (believer’s baptism, as opposed to infant baptism), and that it must be done by complete immersion (as opposed to affusion or sprinkling).
Other tenets of Baptist churches include soul competency (liberty), salvation through faith alone, Scripture alone as the rule of faith and practice, and the autonomy of the local congregation.
Baptists recognize three ministerial offices: bishops, pastors and deacons.
Baptist churches are widely considered to be Protestant churches, though some Baptists disavow this identity. Diverse from their beginning, those identifying as Baptists today differ widely from one another in what they believe, how we worship, their attitudes toward other Christians, and our understanding of what is important in Christian discipleship.
We practice the Open Communion in our worship
We are a faith community comprised of male and female laity and clergy, people of diverse sexual orientations, gender identities, Christian theological beliefs, and ministry practices.
Open communion is the practice of Christian churches that allow individuals other than members of that church to receive Holy Communion (also called the Eucharist or the Lord’s Supper). We practice open communion and we require that the person receiving communion be a baptized Christian by any Christian church.
Open communion is the opposite of closed communion, where the sacrament is reserved for members of the particular church or others with which it is in a relationship of full communion or fellowship, or has otherwise recognized for that purpose. Closed communion may refer to either a particular denomination or an individual congregation serving Communion only to its own member
I believe in God, the Father, the Almighty,
The creator of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
Born of the virgin Mary,
Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into hell.
On the third day He rose again from the dead
He ascended into Heaven,
And sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.
From there He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian church,
The communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins,
The resurrection of the body and life everlasting.